Riri and River Island are at it again; releasing the second of four collaboration collections this month! The Rihanna For River Island Summer Collection will feature brighter colours, more patterns & prints and the iconic Rihanna sex appeal. From tie-dye jumpsuits and two-pieces, new swimwear to the silhouette mesh top & skirt, Rihanna has already showcased many of the pieces herself, via Instagram, and soon the collection will be available to the public. During the fashion show launch they were first revealed but will only be in River Island stores and online come May 25th.
Rihanna says, that “the floral [print] is very timeless…I wanted it to be gangsta. I made a piece for everybody in my crew. We all have different body types, different tastes…that’s how women in the world are; we’re all different, we all like different things.” Rihanna and her co-designer Adam Selman made the prints and the fabrics themselves, all which help portray a summer collection perfectly.
Take a sneak peek at my favourites from the new summer collection, EXCLUSIVE to Killer Fashion!
- Floral Print Crop Top & Shorts – this set is perfect for summer, light and black & white floral print, with a sexy fit and tie up feature on the crop top.
- Tie Dye Jumpsuit – another light piece for summer & beachwear, this tie-dye printed jumpsuit is sexy and sassy, with laced up ties on the front and adjustable waist ties.
- Red Waterfall Dress – a sexy, flowy waterfall dress in fiery red. Its hi-lo hem and partially ruffled skirt adds to the sexiness of this red dress. Spaghetti straps to finish, perfect for summer night parties with sky-high heels.
- Floral Print Sheer Shirt – simple but effective, this sheer shirt will be great for any occassion. Tuck into denim cut off shorts or leather pants for that sexy look.
- Pastel Striped Tee & Trousers – another matching set in the collection, this pastel pink and white striped tshirt & trousers are oh-so-very summery. The tee features pinned in sleeves, though it is essentially a sleeveless tshirt, and is extra long, that it could work as a tshirt-dress. The trousers are very casual and are elasticated on the waist for an ample fitting. Personally I would mix and match the tee and trousers, but if you dare, wear the two-piece with a black leather jacket or gilet and black sandals or heels.
- Red Rouched Bikini – finally: a bikini worn by the stars! This sexy red bandeau bikini has a rouched detailing with a tied centerpiece and slightly high-waisted bikini bottoms. In fact, the RihverIsland Red Sheer Blouse would go perfectly for an all-red beach ensemble. This bikini is also available in black.
Here’s a look at the pieces from the Fashion Show for the Summer Collection.