Irish designer Helen Steele has some of the funkiest, most colourful collections to date. Her designs feature creative prints in vibrant colours in all sorts of dresses, like A-line and maxi as well as two-piece ensembles. With fans like Nicola Roberts, Cara Delevigne, Stooshe & Jessie J, this Irish designer is one to wear for summer. Here are Killer Fashion’s favourite picks from her last three collections.
- Darwin Unisex T-shirt & Blue Jelly Leggings – an array of blues and purples, this tshirt and leggings combo features a flowing graphic print. The tshirt is slightly oversized with a wide scoop neckline. Omit the leggings for very dark or very bright contrast jeans along with heels or Converse.
- Libby Cici with Black Collar – this long-sleeved blouse has a multicolour paint splatter print and is perfectly contrasted with the black satin collar and cuffs. Easily worn as a dress sans leggings with heels, or with simple leggings and wedges.
- Natal Souk – a flowy midi dress, with half-sleeves and a scoop neck, it features a pastel and grey watercolour print, with slight bubble skirting. Team this heels or sandals and layered jewellery.
- Web Cici with Print Collar – probably one of the simplest designs of the collections, this white blouse features web designs in a laser finish as well as print on the collar and cuffs. Stand out in this blouse with bright skinny jeans and statement accessories.
- Posie Print Sharjah Dress – a drape dress with a wonderfully bright posie print in pink, purple & yellow; which also seems as though it’s melting. Style this dress with a waistbelt to create shape and black jewellery to give it an edge.
- Reversible Varsity Jacket – a very stylish varsity jacket, with lilac silk on the body and paint splatter print on the sleeves, with darker lilac on the collar and cuffs. Wear it with black jeans and accessories, a la Cara Delevigne.
- Beastie Boy Print Cut Shoulder Sharjah Dress –a simple great little number. A tri-block colour dress with cut outs on the shoulders and a scoop neck. This drape dress would go perfectly with military boots or chunky black heels and a leather jacket.
- White Bleed Ellie Tunic – a gorgeous white tunic with signature Helen Steele print on the upper chest and wide half-sleeves, and slight colour runs on the hem of the tunic. Colourful leggings or jeans would be the perfect match.
- Hot Robot T-shirt & Leggings – I love how fiery this look is. The tshirt has a psychedelic print in rainbow gradient on black, with matching leggings. Wear together or separately in subtle colours to let the piece stand out.
- Catsuit in Fallopian Print – another psychedelic print, but this time it’s a catsuit! The epitome of sexy, this colourful catsuit is for the daring ladies, as well as the performers. Team it with heels, chunky jewellery and bright lipstick, a la Jessie J.
- Kurt Tank in Fallopian Print – like the catsuit, this is a statement top. I love the cut of this tank as it’s slightly asymmetrical with a wide scoop neckline and a draped fit. Tuck it into leather pants or a white maxi skirt for summer nights.
- Burj Kaftan Dress in Pink Robot Print – another statement number, this ankle-length kaftan has that psychedelic robot print in striking pink, white & black colours. Style with black wedges and a leather jacket. I love this dress a lot!