Miley Cyrus has graced the pages of Harper’s Bazaar US this month, in her September 2013 feature, three years after her cover page article. In this month’s issue, Miley speaks about her fashion style that has evolved since her now signature hairdo. In her couture fashion feature, Miley wears the biggest designers and the most glamorous of dresses. Top photographer Terry Richardson snapped the Liam Hemsworth-bride-to-be on location at an undisclosed mansion and its grand gardens. The magazine’s executive editor Laura Brown also sat down with Miley in between dresses to chat about style, grills and her love for the fashion industry.
- Garden Party in the USA: Valentino Haute Couture Fall 2013 – Miley wears a sheer overlay dress with gold leaf embroidery and loop stitching on the hems. With a high neckline and capped shoulders, this sheer dress is worn with black lace lingerie underneath. On set, Miley wears the couture dress with Chopard earrings and a dazzling cuff bracelet by Van Cleef & Arpels.
- Metallic Miley: Chanel Haute Couture Fall 2013 – In the gardens, Miley is snapped up in the sunlight, wearing top fashion house Chanel. Her couture ensemble features a long sleeved velvet top with a straight neckline and two dozen diamanté paved buttons on each of the sleeves. The metallic edge is in the impressive sequin skirt creation, as the sequins are carefully attached to netting and create a 3D effect on the skirt. For this look, Miley was styled with matching tassel earrings and a necklace, both by Chanel Fine Jewelry, as well as jewel embellished silver sandals by Roger Vivier.
- Born To Ride: Giorgio Armani Privé Fall 2013 – Posing in a beautiful Armani Privé gown, Miley looks truly rock & roll with the classic Rolls Royce behind her, the grand house in the background and of course her own shades. The couture gown itself is an amazing array of nude crinoline and lace, tiered from the bust to the mermaid skirt with Swarovski crystals in between the frills, adding to the high fashion aura. Teaming the look with red lipstick and polish, and Dior Fine Jewellery earrings and ring, this statement look definitely pays off.
- Mademoiselle Cyrus: Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall 2013 – A colourful number, Miley dons a Dior midi in a trio of black, lime and red. This dress is made of silk and features protruding spikes, (similar to that of meringue peaks!) This added texture to the dress and was styled with a sheer black scarf across the neck, Reed Krakoff sandals and earrings by Van Cleef & Arpels.
- Red Sunset: Giambattista Valli Haute Couture Fall 2013 – As the sun began to set on the set, this beautiful shot was snapped. In a vest and skirt combo, this Giambattista Valli look is as stunning as the whole photograph itself. The longer-length vest has crepe effect material with frou frou details on the shoulders and the hips and is completed with a sheer red skirt and train. Styled with a beaded necklace by Bulgari.
- Ahead of the Curve: Atelier Versace Fall 2013 – A hot chick on a motorcycle just screams sex appeal. Miley Cyrus in Atelier Versace on a vintage Honda motorbike is no exception. Donning a black midi dress that features a gradient of silver & black glitter sparkle that is divided by nude sheer, exposing the body in a peek-a-boo curve cutout. Elongating Miley’s already long legs, she wears Giuseppe Zanotti sandals with jewel embellished ankle straps and Bulgari earrings to match.
- Red Goes Faster: Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2013 – In a velvety dark and seductive number, Miley is all smiles on the steps of the house. The dress is a long sleeved one, in dark velvet with a built-in corset to create the hourglass shape and a sweeping leather collar. What makes this dress pop is its blood orange tulle netting underneath. The look was styled with Van Cleef & Arpels and Dior Fine Jewellery jewels and red pumps by Manolo Blahnik.
Harper’s Magazine US September 2013 is on sale now!
Photography © Terry Richardson