On Saturday afternoon I attended a Dublin Bloggers Meetup, hosted & organized by the lovely Anita James of Anita’s Beauty Spot. It took place in the downstairs of Costa Coffee, Dame Street and the atmosphere was full of happy buzz. I met some new bloggers and some whom I’d met at previous events. Read on for the goodie bag and event details.
The goodie bags came in cute heart-printed bags filled with an amazing selection of goodies from high street & designer brands. They are a great Fall Collection selection, which I can’t wait to use. So here are the products that were included:
- Cloud10 Beauty compact mirror – a simple black compact with Cloud10 Beauty’s logo and web link.
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in ‘Auburn/Red’, Jumbo Eye Pencil in ‘Strawberry Milk’ & Butter Gloss in ‘Cherry Cheesecake’ – this NYX selection was really great, especially the brow kit because I have been dying to get one! The gloss smells divine and the eye pencil intrigues me.
- Fuschia Superlash Black Mascara & Lip Lacquer in ‘Love Affair’ – a mini compact mascara and a mini lip gloss in an Autumn/Winter shade is just perfect for work.
- Lisa Heeney Chocolate Orange Beeswax Lip Balm – well anything chocolate orange is a yes please in my books, and a beeswax lip balm just tops it off.
- Me Me Me Cherub’s Blush Cheek & Lip Tint – it seems YSL has influenced everyone with this dual product and I look forward to using the Me Me Me product, another great one for Autumn/Winter.
- Prada Infusion D’Iris Eau de Toilette – yes, that’s right; there’s Prada! A mini sample of their newest fragrance, the bottle even came in a mini mint green envelope.
- Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate – Lancôme also included a sample of their bestselling youth activating cream, which I will use & compare to YSL’s one.
- Sure Maximum Protection Clean Scent – a full sized roll on deodorant was also included in the goodie bags, sure you can’t go wrong with some more anti-perspirant deo!
- Vaseline Spray & Go Body Moisturiser – the spray-on body moisturiser is getting bigger on the market so I’m intrigued to test out this one to ensure all of me is silky smooth.
- Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze – an Irish gal’s favourite, the famous fake tan line by Marissa Carter included a full-sized bottle of the gradually tanning lotion. Not too sure how much I’ll use, since I’m already naturally tanned…
- Paese Nail Enamel in #380, #375 and #368 – this selection of full-sized nail polishes is a real treat. I love doing my nails and adore the colours included in my goodie bag.
- GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment & Supermud Clearing Treatment – I’ve heard a lot about GlamGlow so I look forward to using these two samples.
- Mondss Underarm Wear – this nifty little creation by Jane McTernan will come in handy for warm nights out to avoid the dreaded sweats
- Blank Canvas Cosmetics Makeup Brushes – this gift was actually wrapped up like a proper present and when unwrapped it revealed three makeup brushes and a faux leather pouch. Very nifty!
- Popchips Original Potato Chips – as I’m sure y’all know this great brand of Irish potato chips, they’re popped crisps and totally delicious.
- Cloud10 Beauty gift voucher
- Cara Pharmacy & Beauty gift voucher
- Oriflame Sweden Beauty Catalogue & gift voucher
As well as these lovely goodies, there were a few chats about some businesses, which were all interesting. Paese Cosmetics are a Polish beauty brand in Ireland that offer everything from foundation, nail polish and lip gloss who also gifted us with three nail polishes on the day; Green Angel Skincare are an Irish skincare & beauty brand that offer an exclusive range of seaweed and essential oil-based beauty products, sourced and hand-made in Ireland; Mondss’ founder Jane McTernan gave a little chat on her innovative product, which aims to prevent sweating onto your favourite tops and dresses whilst out & about; Bubble’s Bowtique’s owner & blogger Sarah Guildea also gave a chat about her storage solutions for beauty and skincare products, which are hand-crafted and available in a range of sizes and colours. There was also a raffle on in aid of Console, which is the Irish national suicide charity to help prevent suicide for those who are in need. I also won in the raffle, receiving a mystery bag, filled with the goodies below:
- Surya Brasil Henna Cream Hair Colouring in Red – a Henna hair colouring to switch up my hair from its caramel highlights? This is a possibility!
- Dream Dots Dream Dots for Spots – this little product is an anti-spot one that apparently helps get rid of unwanted spots quicker than most. I don’t actually get spots though…
- Impress Press-On Pedicure – I’ve never used press-on or fake nails either, but these sure look pretty and I’ve always got time for first times.
- NYX Butter Gloss in ‘Cherry Cheesecake’ – I actually got a duplicate of the aforementioned lip gloss, but that just means more for me!
- Ginger & Co Double Up Creamy Bodywash – as the saying (on the bottle) goes, “ginger & spice and all things nice!” Well I can’t wait to use this in the mornings. Perfect for Autumn/Winter!
- Montagne Jeunesse Deodorising Foot Scrub – with this watermelon & balm mint-scented exfoliator, a pampering night in is definitely on the cards.
- Ziaja Natural Olive Collection ‘Micellar Water’, ‘Moisturising Cream’, ‘Anti-wrinkle Cream’, ‘Shampoo Regenerating’, ‘Hair Mask Regenerating’, ‘Light Formula’, Natural Argan Oil ‘Protective Face Cream’, Marine Algae ‘Deep Moisturizing Cream’, Sensitive ‘Firming Night Cream’ & Pyhto Aktiv ‘Day Cream’ – my gosh there’s a lot of these products! Three full-sized products and a lot of samples; I’ll be sorted for body & face cream for the next few weeks.
Many thanks to Anita for setting up such a fun afternoon and to all the many sponsors for their generous gifts, the Irish blogosphere community sure is an active one and it was a great way to finish up the Dublin Fashion Festival! So I’ll finish this post with links to the girls’ blogs:
Anita James – Anita’s Beauty Spot
Aisling Rose – Total Makeup Addict
Cat Mac Liam – Big Blonde Girl
Filomena Kaguako – Enhance What’s Yours
Girl Friday – GirlFridays Beauty Blog
Kathleen O’Rourke – Squidgy Moments
Lainey Moore – Ruby Laine Makeup & Special FX
Marina Bergman – Beautiful Me Plus You
Megan-Rose Core – A Little Bit of Makeup & Beauty
Nina – Nina’s Bargain Beauty
Nadine Stephens – The Parma Violet
Robyn Morton – Robyn Rants & Raves
Sarah Guildea – Adoreabubbles
Sarah Ellen Reiter – The Contouring Chronicles