So last month my fellow blogger David Cashman from Dapper Dave Cash nominated Killer Fashion to partake in the Liebster Award Challenge. The Liebster Award isn’t an actual award, but a nice way of passing through the blogosphere and answering questions from those who’ve nominated you. It’s like a little roundabout of fun Q&A by fellow bloggers. And if you know me, I love answering Q&As, surveys, quizzes, etc.! There are little guidelines to adhere to when taking part:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asked you.
- Nominate 5-11 small blogs or people who you think deserve the award and include their link in your post.
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
- Notify your nominees through social media/their blog.
So thank you David for nominating me! Now to answer his questions:
- What made you decide to become a blogger? When I was in college, I had a sudden wanting to express my love for fashion more than just wearing clothes, and I’d always been a blogger. (I self-taught myself website coding & graphic and web design at age 10!) So I decided to start Killer Fashion to blog about how much I loved shoes, jewellery & celebrity style. And sure look at Killer Fashion now; five years later I’m still doing that!
- What is your favourite item of clothing and why? Dresses! Hands down, my favourite item of clothing. There are so many different types of dresses I adore; from wedding dresses to cocktail attire, tea party frocks to ball gowns. And they can make you feel different things, from sexy to sophisticated, its all about confidence in wearing the right dress. Plus they’re pretty. Sure I just love dresses!
- If you could be an animal, which one would you be? A cat. There is really no surprise there, because I LOVE cats. My friends know, my family know, even my cat knew. They’re just so darn cute & fluffy. Have you seen any of the ads with kittens in them? I mean…how can anyone not like cats?!
- Use three words to describe yourself? Fun, flirty and loyal.
- What is your favourite thing about blogging? Blogging is a way to express one’s love for their topic of choice, and my favourite thing about blogging is getting to write about fashion. And I mean writing. Fashion is one of my all-time favourite things in the world, from watching a fashion show to seeing whose on the red carpet & wearing what, to shopping for a specific look. So the fact that I have this creative outlet is the reason why I keep going.
- What do your friends think about your blog? Hmm, my friends have said that my blog is great! Haha, they say that it’s different, because I write my blog like a journalist; that I put time & effort into my blog; that I’m humble and they love to read my blog.
- What is your favourite restaurant? Opium, Wexford Street! If you haven’t checked in there before, you must! I highly recommend their Mai Tai cocktail, any of the starters, the Vietnamese Chicken Salad or Beef Salad and all of their desserts. And tell them “Nirina says hi!” if you do stop in!
- What is your favourite blog post you have written to date? Good gosh…just one post?? I can’t choose just the one…but my favourite three would be Steal His Style: Conor McGregor, Vodafone DIT Young Designer Show and Best Dressed at Oscars 2015!
- Who are your style inspirations? Hmm, I’ve been asked this a lot lately and I never really have an answer. I don’t look to anyone in particular for what I should wear and how, I create my own style. However, I used to admire Miley Cyrus for her self-confidence in fashion but not so much her actual fashion as of late. And I do love Christina Aguilera, Angelina Jolie & Emma Stone’s styles, they’re classic style icons.
- If you could be anyone in history who would you be? What a funny question that. I’d love to be Marilyn Monroe, to understand her more as a person but also because she was so confident in her gorgeous skin, and she was talented & admired, and I love her. So yeah, Ms Norma Jeane would be my choice.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Again…just one?? My favourite three would be Channing Tatum, Mariano Di Vaoi & Beyoncé.
Rightio, now the bloggers I nominate are:
- Lisa Mc – Lisa Lists
- Gail O’Connor – Glam Force
- Kassi – Makupartistas
- Timi Ogunyemi – I Am Timi
- Brittany Dobbins – J’Adore by Design
- Emma Sheehan – Mastering Your Makeup
- Lainey Moore – Ruby Laine Makeup
- Filomena Kaguako – Enhance What’s Yours
And the 11 Questions I ask you are:
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- Would you like to become a business person from blogging, and why/why not?
- Describe your personal style.
- What beauty/grooming products can you not live without?
- Is there a style you’d love to try, but are a bit wary of?
- If you could bring a celebrity as your Plus One, who would it be and why?
- The Grammys or the Oscars?
- What do you think of fashion in Ireland?
- What do you think of Fashion Week?
- Victoria’s Secret. Yay or nay?
- What’s your favourite fashion item you own right now?