Every year Killer Fashion proudly turns pink in October, to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
This is a global awareness campaign to encourage women to get breast checks, to encourage fundraising & awareness events, to learn more about breast cancer and to help those who have been diagnosed with this cancer in any way possible. Founded by Evelyn Lauder in 1992, I’m delighted that the BCA campaign is now celebrating its 25th anniversary, and has raised over $65 million worldwide.
Here in Ireland, the Irish Cancer Society have launched another year of Pink October awareness with their new campaign Cups Against Cancer with Centra, and you can help too! Organise your own charity tea & coffee morning, or via text. Donating is very easy, just text PINK to 50300 to donate €4 to the Irish Cancer Society (some network charges may apply additionally). As you may know, I’ve lost both my mother and grandmother due to this particular cancer, and I’m very passionate about helping and furthering cure developments so fewer people lose their loved ones too soon.
Use #PinkRibbon25 and #CupsAgainstCancer to join in on the social media conversation and help out when & where possible!
This October, make your beauty purchases really count by picking up products that will benefit and donate proceeds to their respective breast cancer awareness charities. Below are the top pink products from makeup & skincare brands, which are part of this year’s Breast Cancer Awareness campaign, that you can purchase online as well as at participating counters nationwide.
- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair with Pink Ribbon Keychain, €90 // Available at Brown Thomas, Debenhams // 20% of the retail price is donated to Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF)
- Aveda BCA Hand Relief Moisturising Cream, €29 // Available at Brown Thomas, Feelunique, Debenhams // $4 of each is donated to BCRF
- Origins Drink Up Intense Overnight Mask, €30 // Available at Origins, Boots // £4 of each is donated to BCRF
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream, €118 // Available at Debenhams, Feelunique // Elemis will donate £25,000 to Breast Cancer Care
- Elemis The Hero Collection Wellbeing Set, €77 // Available at Debenhams // Elemis will donate £25,000 to Breast Cancer Care
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, €33 // Available at Clinique // $10 of each is donated to BCRF
- Mama Mio Pregnancy Boob Tube, €35 // Available at Lookfantastic // Mama Mio will donate £10,000 to Look Good Feel Better
- La Mer Crème de la Mer The Moisturising Cream, €80 // Available at Brown Thomas // $17 of each is donated to BCRF
- Aromatherapy Associates Inner Strength Body Oil, €50.68 // Available at Feelunique // 10% of the retail price is donated to Defence Against Charity