The countdown to Christmas Day is nearing, and if you are in need of a few last-minute gifts then do read on! Sometimes you may have a loved one that’s that little bit hard to buy for, they may have everything, or they may not want very much – and that’s where experiences come in. These are the kind of gifts you can purchase online, write into a Christmas card or design a fun e-card and worry no more.
From spoiling your parents or in-laws to a fancy dinner out, to food & drink hampers for your siblings and their families. Or perhaps you are on the lookout to really treat your significant other with a day at the spa or around a circuit in a sports car, if so, I have over 20 gift experiences to help with the last-minute Christmas panic.
Dinner for Two
- Dinner for Two in The Saddle Room Restaurant at The Shelbourne Hotel, €100: Enjoy a sumptuous three-course Table d’Hote dinner for two in the luxurious The Saddle Room Restaurant at The Shelbourne Hotel in the heart of Dublin.
- Champagne Afternoon Tea for Two at The Westbury Hotel, €146: Sink back into a sumptuous sofa and enjoy a Dublin institution: Afternoon Tea at The Westbury. Taste all of the delicious miniature cakes, finger sandwiches, with your choice of tea or coffee alongside a beautiful glass of Champagne.
- Voucher towards Lunch, Dinner or Cocktails at Fade Street Social, from €20: The options at Fade Street Social are endless, with their restaurant, tapas bar, cocktails bar and winter garden, all of which serve food and tasty drinks. So why not spoil someone with this great gift this Christmas!
- Four Course Lunch or Dinner for Two at Pichet via TheTaste, €65: Give the gift of dinner and allow them to have a romantic night out or catch up with friends while enjoying a delicious four-course dinner at this award-winning restaurant. Available to use 7 days per week, this offer is usable for lunch and dinner. (Valid until February 29th 2020)
- Three Course Dinner with 2 Gin & Tonics for Two at The Brasserie in The Marker Hotel via TheTaste, €70: Experience a fantastic dinner at the iconic Marker Hotel in their award-winning restaurant run by Gareth Mullins. Enjoy a scrumptious three-course dinner that comes with a lovely G&T per person, available from 7.30pm Tuesday-Sunday. (Valid until February 1st 2020)
- Dine in Dublin Gift Vouchers, from €10: Take on the whole of Dublin with the unique Dine in Dublin Gift Vouchers, which you can use in more than 50 restaurants & bars in the city centre. What’s more, 100% of the spend of these gift vouchers go to the restaurant or bar, meaning you help support a local business too!
Food & Drink Hampers
- The Irish Hamper at Dollard & Co, €165: This family inspired hamper is filled with delicious warming treats sourced locally in Ireland. It includes a bottle of Wicklow Way Wines Móinéir Blackberry Wine, 250sq Coffee and Solaris Green Tea, Bean & Goose Salt & Cocoa Nibs, Cocoa Atelier Marshmallows and Hadji Bey Turkish Delight, Cooleney Cheese, Mossfield Gouda, Crossogue Irish Mustard, Janets Cheese & Wine Chutney and Hassetts Linseed Black Pepper Crackers. Alongside a selection of other tasty treats including cheeses, chutneys and oatcakes, this hamper will sort out any Christmas table this season.
- The Signature Hamper at Dollard & Co, €500: If you can afford to really splash the cash and want to spoil someone, or better a group of them, with the ultimate luxurious hamper, then this is the one! Filled with a selection of alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks to suit all taste buds including Look no further than this Signature Dollard & Co luxury basket which includes a selection of the best treats, beverages, and artisan products found in store. This hamper includes Roe & Co Whiskey, Tanqueray 10, Gin Louis Roederer Champagne, Ramos Pinot LBV Port and Château La Coste Premier Cuvee white and red, a wide range of artisan treats from Mellas Salted Caramel Fudge, Cocoa Atelier Velvet Almonds, a selection of Irish cheeses, and more.
- Simply Better Taste of Christmas Hamper at Dunnes Stores, €100: Enjoy a variety of Irish goods from the Simply Better range. This hamper includes All Butter Mince Pies, All Butter Iced Christmas Cake Slices, Hand Cooked Clogherhead Sea Salt and White Wine Vinegar Crisps, Dark Roast Java Ground Coffee, Limited Edition Irish Gin Christmas Pudding, Handmade Caramelised Red Onion Chutney, Irish Handmade All Butter Shortbread, Handmade Brandy Butter, All Butter White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies, among even more – perfect for anyone this Christmas.
- Palmerston Christmas Wine Hamper at Mortons, €100: This luxurious hamper, focus on combining the best of food and wine. This hamper has a number of excellent products from around Ireland and abroad including Chateau Turcad White Bordeaux and Chateau Picon Vin du Roy, Sheridans Brown Bread Crackers, Sheridans winter Chutney, Morton’s Raspberry & Prosecco Jam, Butlers Irish Chocolate Collection and more.
Spas and Salons
- Velvet Package at The Buff Day Spa, €194: Enjoy a pamper day at this city centre spa that features a Swedish Massage, Spa Manicure, and Dermalogica Spa Custom Facial. (Allow 3.5 hours)
- The Buff Day Diva at The Buff Day Spa, €329: Experience pamper heaven with the Voyager Massage Journey, Voya Express Salt Scrub, Spa Manicure, Organic Fabulous Feet Pedicure, choice of Dermalogica Spa Custom Facial or the Voya Anti-Aging Restoration Facial and complimentary use of the Sauna & Tranquility Room, plus a complimentary tasty lunch! (Allow 5 hours)
- Perfect Escape at Fifth Avenue Beauty Emporium, €339: Spoil them with a true pamper! This spa day package includes the Ultimate Rejuvenation Facial Treatment, 90 minutes of Polynesian Journey and Collagen Pedicure. (Allow 3.5 hours)
- Signatures Indulgence at Shelbourne Spa, €115: Enjoy indulgence in the heart of Dublin with The Shelbourne Spa’s Signature Full Body Massage followed by a wonderful tension relieving Scalp Massage, followed by our relaxation room overlooking St. Stephen’s Green. (Allow 1.5 hours)
- Precious Moments Day Spa Package at ESPA in Powerscourt Hotel, €165: Enjoy a soothing back, shoulder and neck massage, then a skin analysis, followed by a triple cleanse and a series of facial treatments. You’ll finish your spa experience with a delicious lunch in the Spa Café, and enjoy full use of the Spa facilities. (Allow 3 hours; weekday rates also available)
- Gift Cards at Thérapie Clinic, from €50: Vouchers are redeemable against aesthetic and skin treatments, as well as skincare products in-store and online.
- Gift Vouchers at Ultimate Hair & Beauty Salon, from €20: Treat that special someone to a new haircut, a much-needed trim, balayage, or a blow dry, manicure or massage. (Call salon on (01) 873 2825)
- BMW M8 Experience at Mondello Park, €329: For those who love fast, powerful cars, give them the gift of driving! Drive a MINI Cooper S training car for three laps and then a 4.4-litre V8 M TwinPower BMW M8 Competition for four laps, which comes with a completion certificate at the end. (Allow 1 hour)
- Ultimate Stunt Drive Experience at Avoca River Park, €399: Take on the slalom course, high-speed reverse, learn how to do 180 hand brake turns, have a go at a box park & try your hand at high-speed parallel parking! See the instructors demonstrate some high-speed precision manoeuvres up close! (Allow 3 hours; valid Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm only)
- Grand Cru Wine Tasting: The Best of France 20 February 2020 at ely CHQ, €75: From the Grand Cru of Bordeaux, Burgundy and Alsace through to the very finest of the Loire, Rhone & Languedoc, you will taste wines which reveal why France has simply the best wines in the world. This tasting includes supper, a dish chosen from our menu to best complement the wines we are tasting. (Other wine tastings and dates available)
- Craft Beer Session at Dublin Bar Academy, €69: Craft Beer is one of the hottest topics in the drinking world. Ever wondered why? Take a journey with this beer master sampling everything from local Ciders, Lagers, hoppy Ales and chocolatey Stout. You’ll finally realise what all the fuss is about! (Allow 3.5 hours)
- Hidden Dublin Whiskey Tasting Tour at Dublin Whiskey Experience, €65: An adventure in the hidden corners of Dublin social life with old and new whiskies displaying the pioneering spirit of Irish whiskey distilling. You will visit three underground venues, and enjoy five tasting whiskies. (Allow 2 hours)
Christmas Gift Guides:
Images © respective owners